Translate

Friday, November 12, 2010

Who is this Woman

I see her everyday with silver hair and wrinkles circling her eyes
Everyday smiling at me peering deep inside of me with a look that she knows my heart and soul
I cannot hide secrets from her she smiles a knowing smile - she does know all
Who is she this woman with the sag in her jowl the loose skin on her neck
She looks at me some days with sadness in her eyes
She knows something is lost - something I am not sure what
I think she knows a path I must take - but I try not to listen
Let me live as I have - but I think that I can’t
Who is this woman I think I must follow
Must I listen to her - watch her live - watch her grow old
Do I learn from this woman who shows me the past who lives in my present who points to my fears
I want to turn from her run away from her wipe her from my mind bury every thought of her
But she is there every day I cannot leave her
she will always be there
looking back from the mirror at me

Copyright © 2010 Eileen A Partak

No comments: