Translate

Friday, November 12, 2010

Only Yesterday


Where have my babies gone?
they were here only yesterday
Feeling softness as I touched their tender pink skin
inhaling the fragrance of their innocence
sensing their need as they suckled my breasts
I took them to school their little hands trembling in mine
as I encouraged them to conquer the world
Once I stood beside them every step of the way
now I only watch and lead no more
They moved to homes of their own
into lovers arms to share the world they created
I miss the babies crying for me
my breasts now void of life
I crave those eyes of wonder requesting knowledge I could give
Now they are friends who remember those days
who touch me with tenderness and thank me for life
Where have my babies gone?
they were here only yesterday

Copyright © 2010 Eileen A Partak

No comments: