Translate

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Only Once

 Image courtesy of ponsuwan /FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Once…
Can anything be just once?

Just once I will eat chocolate I told myself
Only once and never again
Just once to know what it is
To know – for only one time

Unwrap it hold it in my hand
Concentrate to get to know it
Running my fingers along the rim
Warmth of my hand introduces us
Forms it to a new shape

Should I taste it…just this once?
Bring it close …inhale the scent
Only once – never more
Just this once…should I?

The scent invites me – intoxicates my mind
Warm – moist – in my palm
My mouth desires to taste
One intimate moment calls to me - restraint is not an option
Into myself ….holding …. tasting …a taste like none ever before
In that encounter we are one

Once…..
Can anything be just once?
Just once I will eat chocolate I told myself

Once….
Once is only the start.

© 2011 Eileen A Partak

No comments: